ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-05 > 1306479569

From: "Jenny" <>
Subject: [Ess] Elizabeth BICKMORE mother to Louise Cecilia KNAPP
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:59:29 +1000

Hello Listers ...can some kind soul help me unravel the informant in a death certificate. The following is taken from the certificate.

Name:Louisa Cecilia KNAPP.
Death: 26 Nov 1915 Salmons, Great Bardfield RD at the age of 31 yrs.
Occupation: widow of Arthur KNAPP an Art Dealer.
Informant: E Bickmore, mother, 86 Sheringham Avenue, Manor Park
Reg District: Dunmow sub District Thaxted.

On the marriage certificate dated 15 March 1902, of Louise to Arthur at the Registery Office West Ham, it states that Louise's father is Walter Webb a carpenter. I was given by another researcher that Walter Webb married an Elizabeth WESTBROOK born 1858 Romsey, Hampshire. This could be my stumbling point.

I thought that Elizabeth WESTBROOK who married Walter WEBB may have married a second time to a BICKMORE however the only E BICKMORE that I can find is a pauper in a work house. As the daughter did not die at the residence of her mother I am wondering if Manor Park was a work house in 1918 and I am also wondering where is Salmons Great Bardfield Rd and what is it?

Any help in working out who is E BICKMORE would be wonderful.

Mant thanks
Jenny in Oz

This thread: