ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-04 > 1302766568

From: "Geo." <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] PITTUCK
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:36:08 +0800

Have you considered variations of Piddock, Kim? My wife’s gt-gt-grandmother lived in a small hamlet named Piddock’s End near Belchamp Walter.

Geo.

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted anything but I have been watching the posting all the time.

If anyone comes across the surname PITTUCK, PITTICK or PITTOCK before 1800 I would be very interested in hearing from them. My main line come from Wivenhoe but my last record is a John PITTUCK married to Catherine BRIMER (I think that's the name, handwriting not to good) in 1784, then John's second marriage to Mary WILLIAMS in 1785. The marriage records say he was 'of this parish' but there is no recording of any PITTUCK / ICK / OCK before John's first marriage.

Happy hunting all,
Kim.

Kim Jones (nee Pittuck)
NSW Australia.