ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2010-08 > 1283027350

From: "Helen Carlisle" <>
Subject: [Ess] Fw: Birth/Baptism of GEORGE WHITE about 1816 in West Ham
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 14:29:21 -0600

Could any listers please advise me where I could perhaps look for this man's
birth and parentage.

On the 1851 Census he states that he is born 1816 in West Ham (he is a silk
printer living at an address given as 1 West Street, West Ham, Stratford.

I have searched the cd of baptisms for All Saints, West Ham 1813-1835 and he
is not there.

On the 1861 Census he states that he is born 1817, a silk printer, born in
Stratford, living at 3 Church Row, West Ham.

The later census records are also consistent.

Since I cannot find his baptism in All Saints (which I understand to be the
main, if not the only church at that time for that area) where else would it
be logical to look. Which other churches would be likely candidates.

If anybody could give me some pointers I would be most grateful.

Kind regards and best wishes to everyone
Helen

This thread: