ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2010-08 > 1283004973

From: Steve <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Marsh Farm, Hockley, in 1911
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 15:16:13 +0100

It really would help if I read things properly.

Marsh Farm South Woodham Ferrers being, of course, a totally different place from Marsh Farm, Hockley. Or is it?

And, as I have just found out, there are 2 places called Hockley, the one near Hullbridge, just south of the Crouch and one out at Bradwell on Sea which is very small.

Reading the 1901, Essex, Hockley, Rayleigh, District 8 Description of the Enumeration District, it says
"& Houseson the Beeches which comprise Hull Bridge & the Marsh Farm on the North side of the River Crouch."

So perhaps my first reply wasn't nonsense after all?

Regards
Steve

This thread: