ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2010-05 > 1274735734

From: "Tony Brown" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Air raids on Leigh-on-sea
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 22:15:34 +0100

David

Looking at a reference book 'The Blitz Then and Now' Vol 1 there is no
particular mention made of any specific raid on Southend / Leigh on 17 March
1941 though Southend is mentioned around then so it is likely that this was
a case of an aircraft returning to Germany after a raid on London perhaps
off loading bombs before they left the English mainland on their way home.

I expect to visit the local library sometime next week so will have a look
if there is anything I can see that might help - unless you get a better
offer/information in the meantime!

Cheers

Tony