ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2010-01 > 1262545574

From: "Jenny De Angelis" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Stapleford Tawney & Greenstead surname LAW
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:06:14 +0100

Thankyou Shirley,

I am sure you and I are right about the reason for the two baptisms. I just
wish I could get to look at the PRs for Stapleford Abbots to check the entry
in those registers and make sure that it is the same couple having their
child baptised as the entry in the Greensted PRs. Hopefully SEAX will put
more images on line at their site in the future and maybe I can then get to
look at the Stapleford Abbotts PRs and find the baptism of Richard Law who I
believe is another son of Edmund Law and Sarah Dyer.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply.
Regards
Jenny DeAngelis
Spain.

<<>I would draw the same conclusion as you have Jenny. I have several
baptisms
> with similar circumstances as you quote but happening in the same parish.
> Many of the first baptisms show PB (Private baptism) in the margin of the
> register. The children are later baptised for the second time (perhaps
> giving praise to god for the child's survival) and survived to adulthood.
> My parish registers are St Margaret's Barking Essex, perhaps the
> vicar/clerk thought it pertinent to write P.B in the margin for that
> specific purpose.>>

This thread: