ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2010-01 > 1262535461

From: "podnsod" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Stapleford Tawney & Greenstead surname LAW
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 11:17:41 -0500

I would draw the same conclusion as you have Jenny. I have several baptisms
with similar circumstances as you quote but happening in the same parish.
Many of the first baptisms show PB (Private baptism) in the margin of the
register. The children are later baptised for the second time (perhaps
giving praise to god for the child's survival) and survived to adulthood.

My parish registers are St Margaret's Barking Essex, perhaps the vicar/clerk
thought it pertinent to write P.B in the margin for that specific purpose.

Shirley