ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2009-12 > 1261884988

From: "Helen Carlisle" <>
Subject: [Ess] Edmund DAVEY born about 1814 in Kelvedon?
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 20:36:28 -0700

Having rejoined this list after some years away I would like to say hello to everybody, also Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I have come up against a brick wall with my EDMUND DAVEY who, according to the 1881 census, was born in Kelvedon in 1814. I have not been able to find anybody like that on the IGI but there is a DAVEY family who were all baptised in the Congressional or Independent, Wethersfield, Essex.

This is over 12 miles away from Kelvedon and I was just wondering if it might be the same family who had to travel in order to find a particular church. However, I was wondering if there was a similar type of church in Kelvedon itself which would suggest that I am looking at the wrong family although I cannot find another.

Any advice or tips would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes to all,
Helen

This thread: