ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2009-11 > 1259529101

From: Tony Pottrell <>
Subject: [Ess] Archidex, a PR transcription database
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:11:41 +0000

Hi all,

I've looked around on the Rootsweb website for any rules against
self-plugging / advertising but I couldn't find any. Apologies if I'm
annoying anyone, but hopefully you can see the benefits :)

I've just uploaded the first beta version of the tool, which contains
the transcribed PRs for Wendon Lofts, Little Chishill, Heydon and the
first installment of the Chrishall PRs.

I hope to add more PRs in the future and a few extra bells and whistles,
if anyone would like to donate any PRs to the cause I'd be more than
happy to accept them! (I've gone through 2 packs of paracetamols!).

The tool can be downloaded from:

http://www.pottrell.com/archidex/Archidex v1.0b.zip (18MB) or if you
have 7zip you can download it from
http://www.pottrell.com/archidex/Archidex v1.0b.7z (11MB)

Please note that I've limited it to expire on the 7th of December as
it's only a beta at this stage. If you have any suggestions / requests
/ questions please let me know :)

Thanks,

Tony