ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2009-08 > 1251444903

From: SALLY-ANN GARRETT <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Newbiw to Essex-UK
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:35:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Bob

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about your CHOAT family. There probably is a connection (as it was and still is an unusual name) but I don't recognise your names and dates. I will however, keep these details on file if I may. Thanks also for checking the Somersham prs.

I believe John and Martha were married in Southwark, London, in 1819, and on the 1841 census were living in Bermondsey with their four children, but John and Martha moved back to Essex, and were there for the census in 1851, 1861, 1871.

I'm hoping someone else is searching or has details of CHOATs in Essex before 1795, in Burnham area, that might give me John's parents.

Regards

Sally-Ann