ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2009-08 > 1251405916

Subject: Re: [Ess] Newbiw to Essex-UK
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:45:16 EDT

Hi Sally Ann,

Is this it?
_http://unlockingessex.essexcc.gov.uk/custom_pages/monument_detail.asp?kids=1&monument_id=1002679_
(http://unlockingessex.essexcc.gov.uk/custom_pages/monument_detail.asp?kids=1&monument_id=1002679)

Regards

Diana

Re: Good morning All

I am starting to look for information on my GGGrandfather, John CHOAT, b
Burnham about 1788-1791 (based on census returns for 1851 to 1871).

He was a Toll Gate Keeper in Shenfield and later lived in Hutton (1871
census); he died in 1888 in his "ninety second year".

He was married to Mary Ann FOSTER, from Southwark, in 1819, in Southwark
London. They had surviving four children: Ebenezer, b 1822; Josiah b 1824;
Mary Ann b 1832; Benjamin (my G Grandfather) b 1834.

I have written to the Essex Society to request a look-up in the Parish
register for Burnham for his Baptism, and parents.

I want to know if there is any information about the Toll House in
Shenfield - location, pictures even!

He was also noted to be a Wool Card maker - does anyone have information
about this home industry?

Thanks for any help

Best Wishes

Sally-Ann