ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2009-02 > 1234871134

From: "Tony Brown" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Belle Vue Essex
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:45:34 -0000

I suspect you may find that Bell Vue was a name used by developers to sell
the dream as that that part of Southend was developed at the turn of the
20th Century. On the 1897 Ordnance survey the there are a couple of roads
and houses already marked (the next road to the east of Chase Road is Belle
Vue Road) but mostly it is fields still so could easily be sold as a rural
escape to the masses! Not that it stayed that way for long. Happy to check
next time I am passing that way whether No 2 still exists in its original
form.

Tony