ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-08 > 1218229377

From: The Quineys <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Children's names
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 22:03:08 +0100

I have a family where three of the children were given the same first
name but had different middle names. All were known (on censuses at
least) by their middle names. Don't know where the first name came from
- nothing unusual but not a long standing family name either. Why they
weren't just given different first names, I don't know.

Heather

Tony Pottrell wrote:
> Although the suggestion from Brad and Firebird is the most likely,
> there's also a small chance that the older sarah did die and was either
> buried in another church or the burial records for Harwich may not be
> complete.

> Diane wynne wrote:
>
>> I've been trawling through the parish registers of Harwich and have found
>> the baptisms of the following children:
>>
>> Sarah daughter of Henry and Sarah Deane baptised November 5 1764
>> Sarah Maria daughter of Henry and Sarah Deane baptised December 3 1766
>>
>> There is no burial record for the first Sarah and the family didn't move
>> away from Harwich.
>> Also there was only one set of parents called Henry and Sarah at the time.
>>
>> The question is, how likely is it that parents would have two living
>> children, one called Sarah and one called Sarah Maria?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Diane

This thread: