ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-06 > 1213713149

From: "Jenny De Angelis" <>
Subject: [Ess] can anyone help me please
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:35:25 +0200

Hi Carol,

Since I wrote my earlier message to you I looked at the 1891 census and
found Alfred and Hester Barrett living at Leyton, Essex, they are living on
their own at this time without any children or other relatives. Hester's
birth place is indexed as Rushall Hertfordshire but looks to me on the
image
to be Kelshall, as you said before.
The ref. in case you don't have this entry is
RG12 piece 1348 folio 79 page 14

In the 1901 census Alfred and Hester are still at Leyton/Leytonstone in an
area called Harrow Green, which today is an area off Leytonstone High Road.
This
time Hester's birth place is given as Cambridge, (no mistaking that county
on the image), place name looks like Sheprett but I am not sure if that is
right. They have son Alfred aged 6 and Arthur aged 3 and the ref. for this
entry is RG13 piece 1613 folio 79 page 25

Regards
Jenny DeAngelis
Spain.
>>I am looking for the marriage of Alfred Barrett 1866 born in Shoeburryness
>> later lived in Leytonstone which is where I think he got married to
>> Hester
>> Jones 1861 born in Kelshall
>>
>> I have looked on the bmd index but cannot find a entry for them. They
>> had
>> 2
>> sons
>> Alfred Charles Barrett 1895 (my grandfather) and Arthur Barrett 1898

This thread: