ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-03 > 1205573244

From: "Shirley & Phil O'Donnell" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Before 1800's
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 05:27:24 -0400

To add to Pam's information for Barbara. We are all indebted to the free
birth, marriage and death index at www.freebmd.org which is an ongoing
project and is a work in progress. It has been a boon for my research and I
am sure to others researching in the U.K.

Also for new researchers, my local Genealogical Society has a website
www.leecountygenealogy.org and under the section on Special
interests/English we have 2 articles written by Judith Batchelor* and
published by the Canadian Magazine "Family Chronicle" on Parish Registers;
Baptisms (April 2007) & Marriages (Jan/Feb 2008). These articles give great
detail on what can be found in these records. Judith was kind enough to
allow us to publish these articles which were of great value to our members
researching in the U.K.

*Judith Batchelor is a professional genealogist, lecturer and writer with
the Institute of Heraldic & Gen. Studies in Canterbury.

Shirley O'Donnell
Florida

This thread: