ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-03 > 1204971544

From: "John.harker" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Death and Burial records
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 10:23:00 -0000

Hi,When my aunt died ,and clearing up things in her home ,I found two small
box`s tried and tried to open one
Then successfully,it opened and out came ash (grey powder ) also inside two
small pieces of paper (out of local paper ) of two people who had died
These were of my grand parents ,so afterwards wondered if they were part of
there ashes
If they were I am sorry to say they ended up in the hover .
An old friend of mine always said when a person die`s his/her`s soul leaves
the body and all that is left is vessel,so why do you need to go to a grave
to mourn over them.
My father used to say if you cannot give flowers when the person is alive
,why give them when that person is dead .
Take them to a church or some where they will be appreciated by people alive
.
Doris