ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-03 > 1204894894

From: "Shirley & Phil O'Donnell" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Death and Burial records
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:01:34 -0500

As a FYI, my daughter's FIL died 8 years ago. Her husband was grief stricken
as he and his father were very close. To this day he is unable to part with
his father's ashes. Sound weird, no. They have 2 sons, who remember their
grandfather with love and affection. Every year on his birthday, Grandpa
Dick's ashes come out of their pride of place, are placed on the table and
they have dinner with grandpa Dick. They remember him with funny stories and
my SIL recalls his childhood. Whilst some of us think it's weird, I happen
to think it's keeping a memory alive and I am wondering when I am gone if my
daughter will allow me the same privilege, I doubt it! When we look around
and we see the way our cemeteries are allowed to go to rack and ruin this
family are keeping their beloved ancestor close to home.

Shirley from muggy Florida

This thread: