ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-03 > 1204886877

From: The Quineys <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Death and Burial records
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:47:57 +0000

Many thanks to everyone who replied (both on- and off-list). It seems
that it is not beyond the realms of possibilities that the ashes were
kept for 5 years before finally being laid to rest. Where they spent
those 5 years may never be known but I appreciate all the suggestions
put forward :-)

Many thanks
Heather

The Quineys wrote:
> What do others think about the ashes being kept for 5 years (not personal opinions about doing such a thing) but is a reasonable assumption? Is 5 years an unusually long period to retain the urn or whatever? Is it actually quite common?
>
> Would appreciate your thoughs :-)
> Heather

This thread: