ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-03 > 1204463569

From: J POTTER <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Penmenship Guide
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 13:12:49 +0000 (GMT)

Just checked the FHS site and it said any credit you have when it closes with be transfered to Find your past
Jeanne

Firebird <> wrote:
J K gen wrote:

> Check the Federation website for the final date of closure: means that
> FamilyHistoryOnLine site is shutting down.

I've used familyhistoryonline a lot and found it very useful. I've
even recommended it to other people. I'm very disappointed to learn
that it's going to shut down completely :((

There's nothing on http://www.ffhs.org.uk/projects/findmypast.php to
suggest that it is closing down although it does say that findmypast
is its new home.

Findmypast is now part of Scotland Online (better known for Scotland's
People)