ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-02 > 1203950095

From: Phil Warn <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Church Of Peculiar People
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:34:55 +0000

At 11:54 25/02/2008, gypsy wrote:
>We have a reasonably large group of ppl here where the woman only wear
>long denim skirts & always have their long hair
Gipsy,

I wonder if these women are the reason for the
long list of Essex Girl jokes? <vbg>

I would have thought that "Peculiar People" as a
name for a sect would actually put folks off joining?

OR, did they originate before the meaning of the
word "peculiar" as in funny peculiar commenced?

That is , "special". as in God's Chosen People?

We know about the idiosyncrasies of the Plymouth Brethren.

Was there a Romford Brethren, who availed
themselves of tipples from the Brewery?

Also, "Old Peculiar" is a brew of beer by Theakstons.

Lateral thinking can be taken too far..

Does your mind boggle, missus?

Phil
Orpington, Kent