ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-02 > 1203870696

From: "Jackie Lock" <>
Subject: [Ess] Chattersons of Tollesbury
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:31:36 +0200

Hi to all the listers,

I am new to this list, and am busy trying to research my family. My great
grandmother was Elizabeth Maria Chatterson and was born 19 Nov 1892. Her
parents were Elijah Chatterson and Maria Banyard.

I am at the moment, trying to get a feel for the life of her grandparents,
who were Adam Elisha Chatterson and Maria Bowles. They were married in 1854
in Maldon and had 6 children, namely:

Elijah Chatterson (1863-1949)

Emma Chatterson (1855-) she married Arthur Robert Dudley

William Chatterson B 1867

Maria Chatterson B 1860

William Chatterson (1861-1862)

Adam Polley Chatterson B 1857

The whole family over about 3/4 generations were oyster dredges and then
oyster merchants.

What I am looking for is, if anyone has any information on names of schools
that were around at that time, whom I could possibly contact to find out if
my ancestors attended their school.

Also, if anyone has any information about Tollesbury in the 1850's, or if
someone could point me in the right direction. I have googled for
information on Tollesbury in those years, but cannot find anything
worthwhile.

Many thanks to all of you,

Kind regards

Jackie