ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2008-01 > 1201301971

From: "Dudley Diaper" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] ASSER and JUDD
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 22:59:31 -0000

Hmm. Pronunciation is always a minefield, especially 200 years after the event, but I would say the Belchamps are pronounced Belsham, and Beauchamp is pronounced Beecham. I now expect to be shot down in flames. Does anyone have local knowledge of the said villages? I'm off to consult my Reaney's Essex Placenames.

Mike - does anything else you know about the family suggest one area rather than the other?

Dudley