ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-11 > 1195634774

From: The Quineys <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Ordering Certificates (was Marriage in Romford,June 1/4 1865)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:46:14 +0000

Hello Eve

I am intrigued by your comment about never ordering marriage
certificates from the local record office. I have been led to believe
that this is the *best* place to order from as they have been
transcribed from the original the least number of times and therefore
most likely to be accurate.

Although it is on a Lancashire site, the conclusions are nationwide ...
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk/help/factsh/lbmd.htm

However, as I haven't ordered *any* certificates for a few months, I am
willing to be corrected if I have misunderstood anything ;-)

Heather Q

Eve Ferguson wrote:
> Never order MCs from the local registration offices as Marriages are filed
> by the church so they will not be able to take the time to search for you.
> Eve

This thread: