ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-11 > 1194261544

From: "Francis Payne" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] 1871 census
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 00:20:57 -0800

So, apart from the fact that she has a different first name, a different
last name, a different DOB and different place of birth, you'd have to say
it is the same person.

For the unitiated, how far is Willingale Spain from Mountnessing - must be a
stone's throw otherwise you wouldn't think they would have listed her as
being "probably" present on census night. Perhaps she was in transit at the
time !

Checked the 1871 original images and "Elina" is clearly "Eliza" but in the
other it looks like "Elina" not "Eliza"!! and probably "Figg". In the first
she is Ag Lab but in the latter nothing mentioned. So also a different
occupation !

The possibilities of duplicate census identities is definitely something
worth considering.

Francis