ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-09 > 1190745466

From: "Suzie Woodward" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Address Query
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:37:46 +0100

Jackie.

I realised from your email address you were in the US so understood why you said what you did. Thank you for the info on the 1901 census but that is 15 years before the date I'm interested in and a lot can happen in that time.

This letter from a Mrs A Ingram in Swindon is all to do with payments being made via the army for an illegitimate child born to Lilian Ingram so Mrs A must be some kind of relative to Lilian. Lilian's mother, Elizabeth, married to a William Ingram cannot be Mrs A Ingram. Anyway I also have a letter from Elizabeth dated 1915 from London, and the writing is not the same.

I was wondering....electoral rolls? I know they are not online, but where would I enquire about these?

Suzie