ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-08 > 1186388533

From: "jacqueline.cooper" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Parish census listings
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:22:13 +0100

Re the question about pre-1841 census lists of Essex, there are actually
quite a few, all put on fiches by the Essex Society for Family History and
available quite cheaply via their website.
They include one for Saffron Walden (1811 I think), which can be examined at
the SW branch of the ERO in the town hall (for info write to :

- I think the original or a transcript is also available in the town. One of
the town historians is currently also cataloguing the names for inclusion on
our new Uttlesford database, RUTH, but it has not gone on there yet:
www.ulhr.org.uk

Jacqueline Cooper
ULHR chairman

This thread: