ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-07 > 1184084156

Subject: [Ess] John and Mary Ann NIXEY, Stratford (jonnixey.fh)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:15:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again Jon,
Just checked freebmd and there is a death for Mary Anne NIXEY in December Quarter 1855 in Eton district (Upton cum Chalvey is in Eton district) ref 3a 277. Maybe as John jr is living with his grandparents, Mary Ann is not well enough to look after him?
Regards,
Gail

Hi everyone,

I have an odd sequence of events regarding my 2xGreat Grandfather's brother, John Nixey.

John was bapt 1795 at Upton cum Chalvey, Bucks, and married Mary Ann Franklyn in 1820.
They had at least one child, John Isaac Franklyn Nixey, born between 1823 and 1828 based on various census entries and his death index.
This John is with his grandparents, Isaac and Mary Franklyn in Essex in 1841 aged 13, while his father John is in Buckinghamshire, and there is no sign of his mother.
by the 1851 census, John Isaac Franklyn had been married about 4 years and was raising his own family in Stratford with his wife Jane. His father, John, was again in Buckinghamshire, recorded as being married, and was with his mother Elizabeth in Slough. Again, no sign of his wife Mary Ann can be found.
John (senior) died at West Ham in 1857. Again, no details of his wife Mary can be found.

Is anyone connected to this family who may be able to help solve where Mary disappears please?

Kindest regards to all,

Jon

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/