ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-05 > 1179681633

From: Charani <>
Subject: [Ess] Ezra ELLIS bc1840, Mt Bures: Census and/or PRs
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 18:20:37 +0100

Lost, stolen or strayed: Ezra ELLIS b about 1840 in Mount Bures, Essex
to Samuel (b about 1804) and Eliza (b about 1806), siblings include
Edgar (b about 1828) and Ethelbert (b about 1845)

I have them in the 1851 census and the subsequent ones but I can't
find either Ezra or Ethelbert in the GRO indices (Findmypast and
FreeBMD checked); nor can I find them in the 1841. There is a Samuel
and Eliza in the 1841 but he's an Ag lab so may not be the right one.
The Samuel I'm interested in was a shoemaker in 1851.

I've found Edger bapt in 1828 in Mount Bures and an unnamed dau bapt
in 1831. I've also found a marriage in 1828 of a Samuel ELLIS to
Eliza WENDON who might be the ones I'm looking for. There were on
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/Mountbures which I found through
UKBMD.

Are there any other sites that have baptisms for Mount Bures or can
anyone find the birth of Ezra? Until I can find Ezra's (or
Ethelbert's) birth registrations, I'm stymied. These were the
youngest two known children.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
--
Charani (UK)

This thread: