ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-05 > 1179430775

Subject: Re: [Ess] Local Libraries
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:39:35 EDT

In a message dated Wed, 16 May 2007 19:03:10 GMT Daylight Time,
steveshistory2 (mailto:) writes:

I would recommend the Essex Records Office, in Chelmsford, Wharf Road. If
you are driving there is a huge open car park right next to it.

If you are walking from the bus/train station I would allow 10 to 15
minutes, depending on how fast you walk.

I'm not sure if it has changed recently, but bring your own packed lunch
(you can pick sandwiches up as you pass the nearby Tesco, or down the High
Street). The 'facilities' at the ERO were a cubby-hole with a crisp/chocolate
machine and a drinks machine that served indifferent coffee. If the weather is
fine you can find a place outside overlooking the river.

I understand the Council's long-term plans include a hotel next door to the
ERO which will include a restaurant, but this is not yet anywhere near
starting.

DaveD

This thread: