ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-05 > 1179338590

From: steveshistory2 <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Local Libraries
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:03:10 +0100

I'm sure that others will have replied by now, but just in case ...

I would recommend the Essex Records Office, in Chelmsford, Wharf Road. If you are driving there is a huge open car park right next to it.

If you are walking from the bus/train station I would allow 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how fast you walk.

If they haven't changed it yet again the link is http://www.essexcc.gov.uk/vip8/ecc/ECCWebsite/display/guideContents/index.jsp?oid=14787
Otherwise go to the Essex County Council home page http://www.essexcc.gov.uk and follow the links for Archives & Museums.

There is a good map there and details of opening time.

Look up SEAX and log in as a guest to see which parish records they hold. The probability is that if they don't have them, nobody does.

You will need either a readers card from another centre, or some ID to get one(free)

Cheers
Steve (from a train delayed by a WWII bomb at Bethnal Green)