ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-05 > 1179338590

From: steveshistory2 <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Local Libraries
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:03:10 +0100

I'm sure that others will have replied by now, but just in case ...

I would recommend the Essex Records Office, in Chelmsford, Wharf Road. If you are driving there is a huge open car park right next to it.

If you are walking from the bus/train station I would allow 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how fast you walk.

If they haven't changed it yet again the link is
Otherwise go to the Essex County Council home page and follow the links for Archives & Museums.

There is a good map there and details of opening time.

Look up SEAX and log in as a guest to see which parish records they hold. The probability is that if they don't have them, nobody does.

You will need either a readers card from another centre, or some ID to get one(free)

Steve (from a train delayed by a WWII bomb at Bethnal Green)