ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2007-03 > 1173580424

From: "pamhillier" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] LADYSMITH link? Gt Clacton area
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:03:44 +1030

Hi Margaret,
I have been awake since 3am so my head is not altogether there either
Margaret.
I did notice after your mention of finding son William on the 1841 in
Colchester, that there are Bevan links on the IGI to Colchester...
I went to the IGI and did a parent search
These are too early for yours, a few generations earlier I would
imagine.....
I put in Walter Bevan and Sarah
and these popped up which might be worth filing somewhere....given the
possible Colchester connection.

John BEEVAN chr 4/4/1687 St Botolph Colchester
Walter BEVAN, 28/12/1683, St Botolp Colchester
Sarah BEVEN 17/8/1683 ditto
Anthony BEVEN 18/4/1688 ditto

I went to Hugh Wallis' website and found the transcriptions done by the LDS
C145741 1560-1666 M145741 1560-1666
J151141 1680-1739 M151141 1681-1688
K151141 1680-1739

So Colchester PR's might be the go, especially lacking any other evidence.
Cheers Pam from Adelaide