ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-11 > 1164899584

From: "Judy Last" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] BASHAM, Maldon
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:13:04 +0000

Ruth

Thanks very much for that information. I didn't realise that there are
images of some of the images for Maldon on SEAX. I have now looked at the
site but unfortunately the images are too early for the one I require -
1845!! However, now I know they are they I hope to be using the images in
the future.

Again, thanks for your help.

Judy

>From: Ruth Aylett <>
>To: "Judy Last" <>
>CC:
>Subject: Re: [Ess] BASHAM, Maldon
>Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:22:52 +0000
>
>I think digital copies of the Maldon registers are now on line in the
>Images section of SEAX.
>
>Ruth
>---
>On 30 Nov 2006, at 12:06, Judy Last wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>I am new to this list but wonder if someone is visiting Essex Record
>>Office at any time whether they would be kind enough to check a marriage
>>entry in the Marriage Register for me. I visited the RO last week and
>>wrote down the following quickly from the printed Marriage Registers for
>>St Marys, Maldon, but failed to double check it with the actual register.
>> The groom's father's name is of prime importance to enable me to
>>continue my research and I have written the name of JOHN from the printed
>>register, when I also have notesin my file on the birth of Henry Basham
>>with the father's name of James!!! I wonder if in my haste I made a
>>mistake with the father's name and need to confirm this from the actual
>>register.
>>
>>St Mary, Maldon
>>1845 - September 28
>>HENRY BASHAM, mariner (father John)
>>married
>>SARAH BRAYBROOK (father Samuel)
>>
>>Any information will be very gratefully received.
>>
>>Judy
>>Devon

>>the subject and the body of the message
>
>--
>Ruth Aylett Professor of Computer
>Science
>Mathematics and Computer Science, Heriot-Watt University
>Edinburgh EH14 4AS, UK Tel: 44-131-451-4189 Fax: 44-131-451-3327
>http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~ruth/ "Life is beautiful"

Find Singles In Your Area Now With Match.com! msnuk.match.com

This thread: