ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-11 > 1164300072

From: "Jeannie Hodkinson" <>
Subject: [Ess] SKINNER b. Maldon or Little Waltham 1798 (Carole)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 00:41:12 +0800

Hello Carole

Thank you so much for that information. You know I hadn't thought of that
but you could be so right. Even now the Bakers start so early and I even
know one who works all night. Also the fact that he has gone to Bethnal
Green is interesting as our Skinner (Baker) married in Bethnal Green and
they lived there - the plot thickens eh!

I really appreciate your help and a friend is visiting Essex from Australia
in February time so if by then we have found nothing she may take a look for
us (hi Susan):-) The friend I am helping also lives in Hampshire (my old
home town before coming to Aus) they live in Botley but are just starting
out so I am giving them a helping hand to get them started - they have gone
back quicker than some of my own!!

I am now going to see if I can see who Mrs Hobbins is - maybe married a
Skinner??? I will also take a look at your information - great thinking!!

Thank you so much for all that informatioin Carole, it's really appreciated.
I will let you know if and when we sort anything new out.

Incidently, did you see the George Skinner (1851) a shoemaker with wife Mary
also born Little Waltham? Wonder if he is related too - quite possibly eh!.

We have almost certainly proved that the William Skinner 63yrs(a baker) on
the 1861 census with wife Elizabeth is our Skinner living Bethnal Green
(Peel Street) - with him are the Gawen children (mother was a Skinner) -
their mother and father died very early (so sad).

Many thanks again.

Best wishes
Jeannie