ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-11 > 1163911793

From: Susan Perrett <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] SKINNER b. Maldon or Little Waltham 1798
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:49:53 +1100

At 01:20 PM 19/11/2006, Pam Dale wrote:
Hi Jeannie,

When you can get this family back to the 1600's I may be able to assist you
- I have a number of Skinner's in my family during that time. They come
from around the Braintree area.

>Hello everyone
>
>I am trying to help a friend with some family history and although I have
>searched Ancestry and familysearch etc. I am stuck.
>
>Does anyone have any idea where I can find the birth of a William SKINNER
>born c 1798 who was listed on the
>
>1851 census as born Maldon (age 53yrs - a baker) and then on the
>1861 census born Little Waltham Trade: Baker
>
>1841 census he is living with wife Elizabeth living in Bethnal Green and
>states he is born in the county - not ideal is it!!!:-)
>
>Any help would really be appreciated.
>
>Thank you
>
>Jeannie in Australia

Susan,
Victoria, Australia.
English webpage: http://www.st.net.au/~susanp/index.html
ALSO: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~susanp
American webpage: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~susanp
Research: ALSTON-Suffolk/Bedford/America,post 1850, BOURCHIER-UK, post
1650, CHUDLEIGH-Devon, All, HOLTTUM-Kent,pre 1720,MARTEN-Sussex,pre 1660,
OXENDEN-Kent, All.

This thread: