ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-09 > 1157416488

From: "Charles Fuller" <>
Subject: [Ess] OT - RE: Origins.Net - Free Access on Monday (Corrected)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 02:45:51 +0200

Hello,

Here's a FREE solution to the problem if you use any version of Windows
(which allows you to open just about any image format in existence,
including DjVu used by 1837Online if you download the plug-in):

- Go to http://www.irfanview.com/ and download the software.
- Install it. If it asks you whether to associate it with any file types,
say no so that nothing is changed for all of your every-day work. Also make
a note of the installation folder/directory which defaults to C:\Program
Files\IrfanView .
- Right-click any of the images and choose "Open with". If IrfanView does
not appear in the list of programs, click on "Choose program" and navigate
to the installation directory from the previous step. Then select the
program i_view32.exe. (The next time you right-click a TIF file, IrfanView
will appear as a choice.)

Regards,
Charles Fuller, Vevey, Switzerland.