ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-08 > 1154414412

From: "David Lamb" <>
Subject: Re: Old occupation - Linner -1698
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 07:40:12 +0100

Hello,

Could the double n in "linner" possibly be a single m, making it "limer"? A
"white limer" plastered interior walls using a lime and water plaster. Or
perhaps it could be "mn", making the word "limner", a draughtsman or artist.
The only definition of "Linner" I could find was as a modern slang word,
meaning a late lunch/early dinner (rather like "brunch" - late
breakfast/early lunch)

Regards,

David Lamb