ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-07 > 1152730104

From: "Edwin and Cornelia Moore" <>
Subject: FreeBMD
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:48:24 -0700

many thanks to all who replied.
Jim, I agree in general, but I'm still certain Ethel is in the bible.
Jean, many thanks for your comments, and for looking Ethel up at
FamilySearch (and finding her!) it's strange, I didn't put any place into
FreeBMD, so that shouldn't have been the problem. I think there was a bit of
a technical problem with the site yesterday.
thank you also, Margo, for your comments, and to anyone else who emails me
regarding this puzzle.

I ran a simple search, just first and last name, no dates or place
chosen-yesterday FreeBMD was slower than an old dog in Indian Summer, and
complex searches almost never went through, simple searches only went
through 75% or so of the time-and it wasn't the time of day, I was using it
intermitantly from afternoon through late evening and it was a struggle
through-out. thier server's struggling again, I guess.

Cornelia

This thread: