ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-06 > 1151069729

From: "Jim Gibbons" <>
Subject: Charles GIBBONS marriage 1844
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:35:29 +0100

Hi List

The 1861 Census shows my Ancestor Charles GIBBONS married with 6 children in
Stambourne, Essex. He was born in 1831 and his first born was 16 years old.
This made him 13-14 years old when he married Mary in 1844. My first query
to those of you that know about these things is: -

Would he be allowed to marry at such an early age, or has there been a
mistake somewhere?

The marriage index also shows the reference as Volume 12, Page 672a. Does
anybody know what the 'a' is for and what it may mean. When I order the cert
should I be ordering Page 672 as well? I am genuinely confused. Any advice
would be appreciated.

Jim

This thread: