ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-06 > 1150447690

From: Steve <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] FILING
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:48:10 +0100

For the computer stuff, I should have mentioned backups.

As I am in computers I have 3, the one I am working at, my server and my
laptop. The data is kept on this one and copied to each of the others.
On top of that I use 3 USB hard drives to backup all of my data (3 disk
cycle) keeping them as far from the computer as possible, and with
friends/family when I am away.

I would not want to have my only copy of anything on CD/DVD as I have
already had "high quality" CDs fail on me. Long term backups on CD yes,
but the original electronic data needs to be on live systems. 3.5"
floppies are rapidly following 5 1/4" ones into extinction. CDs will be
next.

Steve