ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-05 > 1148744430

From: "Colleen" <>
Subject: Re: Wivenhoe near Heybridge?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:40:30 +0100

King was quite a common name in Heybridge, Maldon, which is just a stone's
throw away from Heybridge, and in the entire surrounding district. Though
Wivenhoe is a port on the river Colne and Heybridge on the river Blackwater,
they are only about 16-20 miles apart as the crow flies. Mariners and boat
builders tended to move around a lot and it would have been common to find
cross migration between villages like Wivenhoe & Heybridge, I would have
thought.

Colleen