ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-05 > 1147286422

From: "june harvey" <>
Subject: GURNETT Canada to Essex
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:40:22 -0700

Charles: These are the details that I have (not much, I know, but we have
to start somewhere), so far:

John James GURNETT b. 1872, Ontario. first sighting: 1901 census, soldier,
single, age 29, in Shoebury Barracks. Next sighting: 1928, age 56, living
at 62 Woodfield Road, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.

At that age (56), would he have retired from the army, but called himself
Lieutenant?
Is 62 Woodfield Road a private residence?
Are there any directories for 1928 (or prior to that year) that might show
where was living/what his occupation was/his marital status?

Is there any way a picture can be built up using the above information?

Thank you for your interest
June

From: "Charles Fuller" <>
I would guess that "Lient" is an abbreviation for Lieutenant.
Charles Fuller, Vevey, Switzerland.

PS: If you can give a few more details, it's possible that we can help you
to build up a picture of the family in England.

This thread: