ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-03 > 1142118705

From: "Colleen" <>
Subject: Re: Airship L33's confiscated machine gun - where can it be?
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:11:45 -0000

Airship bombers were notoriously bad at hitting their targets, though given
the very primitive apparatus they had to use, that's hardly surprising.

Tiptree would have been no distance at all from the coast for an airship,
and the fact that the L33 was on fire and had been blown off course is
likely to have resulted in a fair bit of confusion for the navigator, I
imagine. I doubt if they had a clue where they were ditching stuff by that
stage, they probably just chucked it and hoped for the best.

Colleen