ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2006-02 > 1140691268

Subject: Re: [Ess] 1911 CENSUS
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 05:41:08 -0500

In an email dated Wed, 22 2 2006 9:44:22 pm GMT, "Janet Buck" <> writes:

>Has anyone heard of an update as to when the 1911 census will be available
>please?

Still 'sometime after 1 January 2012' I believe.

According to reports via email and magazines, the 2012 census was not retained as schedules (like previous censuses), but as the original question forms. These forms have not been kept in a good condition either.

This means that there must be a different way of presenting the records and it will require a much greater amount of effort to digitise the images and then transcribe them into an index.

My personal view is that even 1 January 2013 might be ambitious - but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

DaveD

This thread: