ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-12 > 1133559744

From: "Colleen" <>
Subject: Re: Arthur Mee
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:42:24 -0000

I've enjoyed reading this posting too, Barbara. I'd read about an Arthur
Mee who edited the Children's Encyclopedia, but didn't think he was the same
Arthur Mee who wrote the county books. I remember loving Children's Hour too
in the 1950s and the 'hypnotic' voice of the female presenter though I've
forgotten her name. Like you, I listened to it when I was no longer
officially a child. It was as you say a very different world. I wonder what
our parents and grandparents would think of the way things are today if they
were to return?

Colleen