ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-12 > 1133536355

Subject: Re: [Ess] Re: Padlocked font covers - to keep witches out
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:12:35 EST

writes:

Having seen a sample of waterr from the River Jordan, I doubt that - holy
or
not - it did a great deal for the infants baptised with it. I've had gravy
with
less brown matter floating in it!

This may have changed the course of history.

In 1896, Archduke Charles, brother of Emperor Franz Josef of Austria, went
on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, and drank doem water from the Jordan without
taking such mundane precautions as boiling it first. He dies of typhoid, and
his son Franz Ferdinand became the new heir-presumptive, and went on to get
killed at Sarajevo in 1914 - with results we all know.

Maybe if his father had been a bit more careful, we wouldn;t have has World
War I.

--

MIke Stone - Peterborough, England

For the strength of the hills we bless thee, Our God, our fathers' God.
Thou hast made thy children mighty By the touch of the mountain sod.
Thou hast led thy chosen Israel To freedom's last abode.
For the strength of the hills we bless thee, Our God, our fathers' God.

This thread: