ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-12 > 1133464538

From: "Colleen" <>
Subject: Re: Padlocked font covers - to keep witches out
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:15:38 -0000

Thanks for this very interesting reply, Anne. You've answered the question I
meant to ask too - how long the water was kept in the font. Why was it kept
there so long, was the tradition that holy water should only be blessed at
Easter? I bet there were countless unhealthy organisms wriggling around in
it! As you say, no wonder so many little babies died.

Colleen