ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-11 > 1132850918

From: Martin Willcocks <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Kursaal memories
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:48:38 -0700

Hi all:

I too remember rides on the bus to Southend from South Woodford, the old
train on the pier, and the Kursaal. On our last visit, though, the
small steam train had been replaced by an electric monster and the
attraction on the pier had been destroyed by fire, the pier still had a
fenced off area where it had been. As that was over eight years ago, I
hope something has been done to restore the pier to its former glory.

Thanks for posting the URL for this web site. A very interesting set of
photos of the park.

Regards
Martin Willcocks
Taylorsville, UT, USA.

P.S. Colleen, would that be "forefather CHRYSTMASSE"?

This thread: