ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-08 > 1124254996

From: "Geoff Lewin BLAXALL" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Moiety for excise officers help pls.
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:03:16 +0100

Helen,
I would say yes ~ seems an interesting way of encouraging Excise Officers to do their duty ~ but I wonder whether the moiety of spirits was "in kind" i.e. half the quantity or half the value in coin-of-the-realm ?

Geoff
Geoffrey Lewin BLAXALL
Hextable, Kent, S.E.England. PostCode BR8 7RJ
N.W.Kent Family History Society #3593
http://GeoffBlaxall.tripod.com
All e-mails protected by Mailwasher + Norton AV2005.