ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-08 > 1124216864

From: "Patricia Graham" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Harwich seafarers
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:27:44 +0100

Dear Diane,
You have hit the spot with your references.
Your Walter was in fact my William - and is one of the people I am currently researching.
He was born in St.Osyth in 1785 and tragically died sometime in 1820
leaving my three times great-grandmother with 4 small boys to bring up.
I had not come across this archive ... so did not know what kind of a mariner he was.
Did members give a certain number of days per year - or were called out when required ?

Joseph Clark is also interesting - when you consider that I am looking for a Benjamin
- the youngest of Joseph's brothers.
Amazing !
.
What can I find you in return ?
Recently I did a blitz on parish records - for St. Nicholas, Harwich
from 1740-to around 1804. I will certainly keep your names in mind
- when I am looking in future.

Many thanks for this most valuable contribution.
Patricia

This thread: