ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-07 > 1122137543

From: Shirley Saunders <>
Subject: Re: Wills after 1858
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:52:23 -0700

Hi Jenny,
I haven't ordered any of these films so I'm not sure if it's the
right thing, however, there's a search I found of Calendar of the
grants and probate and letters of administration made, Great Britain,
Principal Probate Registry. An example for film 215221:
Vol 1A. Wills and Admins. 1858 Vol 2 Ba-Ble Wills 1858 Vol 3 Bli-Bz
Wills 1858 Vol 4 B Administrations 1858 Vol 5. Ca-Cop Wills 1858 Vol
6. Cor-Cz Wills 1858 Vol 6 C Administrations 1858

And so on running through the alphabets and through the years. I'm
not sure if this is the actual wills or if it's the index, though I'd
be surprised if it was the index because there's so (relatively)
little on each film)

Hope this helps - I'd love to know if this is indeed what you're
looking for and what's on each film!
Thanks
Shirley Saunders

Researching: CROZIER (Essex), LAWRENCE (Surrey/South London/Essex)

--
Researching: CROZIER (Essex), LAWRENCE (Surrey/South London/Essex)

My deceased relatives are listed on my tree at:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=saundes

This thread: